Here she is, doing her thing and doing it perfectly.
Audrey was going to be my present from Dearest Husband's bonus at the end of his 'long sandy holiday' however over the Easter weekend I found her on an amazing offer at Harts of Stur so it would have been silly not to have indulged!!
She has been used a number of times since she arrived here at number 23 and she makes the most amazing mashed potato as well as all of the other baking uses she can be put to (like making the perfect pancake mix above). I may even go so far as to say that everybody who bakes should have one!
The name Audrey came from a little brainstorming session with my fellow knitters at Love Yarn's Saturday afternoon drop in session and as soon as I heard it I knew that it was perfect. Strong, dependable and lets you know exactly where you stand.
Audrey, I think I love you xxx
Tuesday, 3 April 2012
Well, it's been a long old time since I did one of these!!! I thought I'd have a look back at my post from 1 July and see how far I've got......
My original list was...
UFO's to complete.....
1. Twenty-Ten Cardigan for me - FINISHED
2. Hemlock Ring Blanket for Alfie - HIBERNATING
3. Baby Kimono - HIBERNATING
4. Granny Stripe Blanket for the sofa - HIBERNATING
5. Mojo Socks for me - HIBERNATING
6. Japanese Flower Shawl - HIBERNATING
7. Textured Shawl for me - FINISHED
8. Something Pretty cushion for Mum - FINISHED
9. Erik zip up hoody for Dan (my brother) as a birthday present - FINISHED
10. Monteagle bag for Nanny - changed to Christina cardigan - JUST NEED TO SEW UP
11. Monteagle bag For Chris for her birthday - FINISHED (but I hated doing it so the others got abandoned!)
12. Owls jumper for Sarah (Dan's girlfriend) who fell in love with mine - FINISHED
13. Monteagle bag for Bez - ABANDONED!
14. Fetching gloves for Sarah - because she works in a draughty office so wears these that I knitted for her last birthday all the time - FINISHED (but not for Sarah!)
15. Hiker jumper for Tom - FINISHED TWO! (except he changed his mind to this one and this one!)
16. Cardy me - Deco or Paulie - FINISHED but chose this one instead
17. Hats for boys - either Astronomer or Modern Rib Hat - FINISHED BOTH
18. Remembrance Poppies - FINISHED
19. And So Are You shawl
20. Stitch Sampler Shawl - STARTED
21. Guernsey Wrap - FINISHED
22. Japanese Crochet Slippers for me - STARTED
23. Sally the Eco Fairy as an Angel for the Christmas tree - STARTED
24. Kalajoki socks
25. Damask shawl
26. Tamara gloves for me - I WILL learn to do colourwork! - Haven't done, however did do this and this is almost done for my colourwork lessons!
27. Asymmetric stripe shawl - Different Lines - FINISHED
28. Still Light Tunic with hand dyed yarn
29. Lego Man for the ever Lego obsessed Alfie
30. Jane Hat for me - FINISHED
31. Jumpers for kids - FINISHED BOTH
So I don't think I've done bad! I've got time between now and 30 June to hopefully get some more ticked off my list...... we'll see!!