Sunday 24 July 2011

Year of Projects Update - 24th July 2011

Well, another busy week, both boys finished pre-school for the summer and Alfie had his Graduation ceremony ready to go to 'big-school' in September.


Plenty knitting has been happenening, more work on Erik and Twenty-ten cardis and I started a non-YoP project, my Babette blanket. I just couldn't resist!!
I managed to finish my Jane hat too, what a fantastic, quick and easy knit! I think the best bit about the hat is that it looks cabled but isn't, because I really don't enjoy doing lots of cables!



I can't wait till its cold outside to wear it!!

10 comments:

  1. The hat looks very clever. Naughty you starting your babette!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe Alfie is big enough for Big School. He looks so proud!

    I do love your hat, and will watch your Babette progress with great interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does look cabled! You're ahead of the game, knitting winter hats already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such progress this week! I love the hat--and I am sure it will be greatly appreciated once winter's winds begin to blow!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO CABLES! Wow then I'm impressed. I'm not a cable knitter at all I must admit. But that is spectacular! Can't wait to see the babette, it's been on my to do list for ages, I just never get around to it

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hat looks fantastic! and your kiddie looks way too cute in his graduation picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hat looks super, I love fake cables too as have not been able to get the hang of cabling without a needle and while using one is fine it takes longer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hat too. I'm kind of over cables at the moment as I have made 2 cable knit baby blankets for my nephew and my daughter and although they are beautiful, they are time consuming. I love the color you chose.

    ReplyDelete